How much does it cost to have arm liposuction? While there is no one-fit-all price for everyone, arm liposuction cost depend entirely on many factors.
In this article, we will share with you everything you need to know about arm liposuction costs, what the costs cover, as well as a few tips on how you can save money and avoid overpaying.
How Much Does an Arm Liposuction Cost?
The cost of arm liposuction often called Underarm Liposuction, or Upper Arm Liposuction average between $4,000 to $6,000 for an experienced surgeon. Some surgeons will charge between $1,500 and $5,000 for both arms .
This price depends on several factors that an individual should consider before the d-day of the actual procedure. You will find them below as you keep on reading.
For example, Dr. Jeffrey Melton in Chicago charges his patients an average of $2,000 for a simple procedure, while the Institute of Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (ICRS) in California will ask you $2,000-$4,000.
In Honolulu, Hawaii, Dr. Michael Anthony will require between $2,000-$5,000 for arm liposuction. Depending on patient preference and goals, the cost can go down or higher.
What the Costs Include?
Arm liposuction costs may sometimes include additional services such as:-
- Preoperative investigations
- Antibacterial scrub
- Consultation fee
- Local anesthesia charges
- Compression garment
- Post-operative self-care supplies
- Follow-up visits.
Again, other surgeons charge for these additional services separately, and therefore it’s key to understand this before you pay for the procedure.
Related: is arm liposuction worth it?
Factors that Affect the Arm Liposuction Price
- Geographical area. Geographical location affects how much an individual will pay for an arm liposuction procedure in such a huge way. Highly developed countries with great cities typically host some of the best surgeons in the world. Compared to other areas in the world, the price in such cities may be higher. Again, this is not always the case because it is also possible to find more experienced surgeons in the cities.
- Facility fees. Each facility has a different way of charging for additional services. Ideally, after arm liposuction, the facility must ensure that the patient is free from pain, excess fluids, and infections. Therefore, your surgeon or facility may charge you for aftercare products, antibiotics, compression garments, follow-ups, etc.
- Technology. There are many modern technological techniques available to remove excess fats. Depending on the results you want, a surgeon may use the most advanced tools to perform the procedure. These may increase the price because of the expertise and knowledge required to use them. The cost of an arm liposuction procedure may become less if you choose to go in traditional ways, as the expertise required is minimal.
- Treatment area. The treatment areas differ from one individual to another. Several factors may affect the cost, including the amount of fat removed and the treatment area size. If your surgeon performs liposuction on the upper arms, back, and breast areas, for example, the price may be higher compared to having an underarm lipo alone.
- Surgeon skills and experience. Your arm liposuction success and good results highly depend on a surgeon’s skill and experience. It is therefore advisable to get the best board-certified surgeon for it. For example, going for a surgeon who charges less may not mean that you will get the desired outcomes. Why? A surgeon who is new, inexperienced, and has no proven track record will charge less money compared to a more skillful one. And the one with an excellent reputation and positive reviews will charge higher prices because of the time and skills they will use to give you the best results. Although, this is not the case with all the surgeons who charge less for their procedures. Some surgeons have experience but charge less money to attract more customers.
Understand the Exact Type of Arm Lipo You are Looking For
Again, it’s critical to understand the exact type of arm lipo you are looking for to avoid landing in the hands of the wrong surgeons.
Ideally, all surgeons can perform traditional arm liposuction because it is the basic procedure taught in all training institutions.
Traditional arm liposuction usually has a limited range of motion that may not suit 360 degrees of fat removal. Some of these cheap and inexperienced surgeons may end up removing most of the fats in the underarm, making you look unproportionate with other body parts.
Those without the skills can remove fats from one area of your arm and ignore others, and this may result in your arms appearing bumpy or just not proportional.
It’s better to consider the results regardless of the price, geographical area, or the surgeon performing the procedure. Reputation only does not make a surgeon exemplary because there are many other factors to consider.
Look at the before and after photos of people who have gone through the hands of the particular surgeon.
Read reviews and discuss your goals and needs with the surgeon before having your arm liposuction procedure. Do not look at one perfect image from a surgeon’s gallery and think your result will look like what is on the picture.
Please do your research about the surgeon, his skills, experience, and certification to avoid booking for a procedure or spending more sums of money on a botched arm liposuction procedure.
Does Insurance Cover Arm Liposuction?
Arm liposuction is an elective procedure but also a cosmetic.
Therefore, many insurance plans do not cover their costs. It explains why some of these surgeries are very expensive.
Some surgeons offer their clients affordable and flexible payment plans, depending on their needs.
Cost of Celebrity Arm Liposuction
Celebrity arm liposuction is a high-end procedure done at 360 degrees. Unlike the underarm lipo, it is circumferential and involves the entire upper arms and shoulders.
The surgeon works to remove all the fats surrounding your entire arms, giving you beautiful, slim, and most contoured arms.
During celebrity arm Liposuction your surgeon may use special techniques and equipment to enhance your results.
He may also incorporate an additional procedure such as skin tightening to achieve good results. And therefore, the price may be higher.
Celebrity arm lipo is very common. But only less than 1% of surgeons in the world can do it. The price of celebrity arm lipo depends on the size of fats removed.
The average costs for both arms range between $8,500-$10,000. And can be higher if a person has very large or loose arms. For those who choose to add the upper back and bra rolls in this procedure, the price range between $11,000-$13,000.
Tips of How to Find an Affordable Arm Liposuction and Avoid Overpaying
Desiring to have an arm lipo is one thing. While getting the procedure at an affordable price is another distinct entity.
If you go to any social media platform, for example, and type “botched” arm lipo, you will see hundreds of them.
Why? Because there are people who might have gone to the wrong surgeons or have medical issues caused by the surgery.
And after the surgery, their results are substantially different from what they expected.
To help you avoid such instances, we advise you to consider an experienced board-certified surgeon who will do an excellent job at an affordable cost.
The first thing you need to do is compare the prices of the arm lipo from different surgeons.
Carrying out extensive research and meeting at least two plastic surgeons to get an opinion is always recommendable.
Also, you can sign up for specials where you can take advantage of incentives and special pricing for some procedures.
The best way to achieve this is by constantly checking various clinics and their offers to help you pay less.
Other surgeons give their patients an option of paying for the procedures daily, weekly, or monthly.
The hospital/clinic will let you pay at your pace until the day you’ll be ready for the arm liposuction procedure.
Another essential aspect you should consider is the bundle procedures.
Bundle procedures allow you to have multiple surgical procedures at once, which end up saving you lots of money.
For example, choosing to do a butt lift, breast augmentation, and arm lipo are much cheaper than doing an individual procedure at different times. At first, it may look costly, but it allows you to pay less for more in the long run.
How to Find the Right Plastic Surgeon for Your Arm’s Liposuction
One of the biggest regrets that most people have after liposuction is dissatisfaction.
It happens because of choosing cheap and inexperienced plastic surgeons who may not understand your specific needs.
In searching for an affordable surgeon, have the results in mind.
Always go for an experienced surgeon certified by a recognized body of the country they serve. Also, examining the actual operating room and the sterilization procedures implemented to protect your health may safeguard you from infections.
For detailed instructions, see our guide on How to Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon for your Surgery.
The Bottom Line
Arm liposuction is a cosmetic procedure performed to enhance the beauty and build self-confidence.
Plastic surgeons ideally aim arm liposuction at removing the fat pockets that hide under the subcutaneous layer of the skin.
Before doing arm liposuction, we recommend considering the cost, surgeon’s expertise, geographical location, treatment area, and many others.
Researching the exact results you are looking to achieve may help you know what you need and accomplish that.
The end goal of arm lipo is to get those sexy arms and, therefore, never compromise your beauty by going for cheap alternatives. Be wise enough to know when to pay higher for better outcomes.
- Should You Liposuction Your Arms? (Feb 7, 2022). Plastic surgery vips. plasticsurgeryvips.com/blog/should-you-liposuction-your-arms
- Medindia. Arm Liposuction: Types, Preparations, Procedure, Benefits, and Risks. (n.d.). medindia.net/surgicalprocedures/arm-liposuction.htm
- CostHelper. How Much Does Arm Liposuction Cost? (n.d.). health.costhelper.com/arm-liposuction.html.
- Art Lipo. How Much Does Arm Liposuction Cost? (n.d.). artlipo.com/arm-liposuction/how-much-does-arm-liposuction-cost/
- Eric Mariotti, M. | C., & Tuesday, J. 11. (n.d.). What to look for when considering liposuction costs. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. plasticsurgery.org/news/blog/what-to-look-for-when-considering-liposuction-costs