After Undergoing a Brazilian Butt lift, comes the recovery period. You may have some swelling and bruising around the areas that were used to harvest fat cells. This may last for a few days after surgery.
The procedure itself is not painful as it is done under general anesthesia. However, you should expect a bbl recovery pain and bruising as the tissues begin to heal. This can be managed by your surgeon prescribing pain killers for you.
Recovery time for a Brazilian butt lift (BBL) varies from one patient to another. However, most patients have reported having resumed to their normal activities from 4 to 6 weeks. BBL final results are seen about ninety days after treatment.
During the very time, your doctor recommends that you do not sit directly on your butt for at least 14 days. You will be required to use a BBL recovery pillow to help you sit upright immediately after the surgery. Also, you may be required to wear compression garments for a period of 2 weeks in order to reduce bruising and swelling as you recover.
Return to work
“Most patient can return to work and resume their normal activities from 10 to 14 days after undergoing a Brazilian butt lift(BBL) procedure,” Says Dr. Moises Salama a board certified plastic surgeon and founder of Elite Plastic Surgery based in Miami.
Depending on how well you respond with recovery, vigorous exercises such as fat burning exercises, running or jogging,should be avoided completely for about one month to all the fat cells to stabilize.
You can begin with walking to improved blood circulation which will speed up your healing in return.
- Depending on the amount of fat cells required, the procedure takes about 2 hours to be completed.
- 1-2 weeks: Your swelling starts to reduce
- 4-6 weeks: Resume light exercises
- 3 months: Fully Recovery
How can you care for yourself at home?
Below are bbl recovery tips to help you heal quickly after undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.
- Avoid rigorous exercises for about a month after surgery.
- Place a pillow under your thighs to avoid putting pressure on your Butts.
- Follow your cosmetic surgeon’s post-operation instructions
- Massage the area to soften it and enhance circulation.
- Use compression garments in the areas liposuction was performed to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Do not sit directly on your butts as it can affect blood circulation in the areas for at least eight weeks.
Is Brazilian buttock lift permanent?
Typically, 60% of the fat injected to your butt during brazilian but lift procedure will stay forever.
Some volume may be lost during stabilization, your butt will begin to generate new fat cells which will be there with you in a lifetime.
According to Dr. Mark Youssef, brazilian but lift is a semi-permanent procedure. Your results will last forever however, they will change over time due to the normal aging process.
It is recommended that you follow all your surgeon’s instructions in order to get the best results and avoid complications.
Complications that Might Occur During Recovery
Brazilian Butt Lift is a safe procedure if performed by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. However, with recent deaths from patients undergoing BBL surgery, it has been labeled as the riskiest procedure.
According to research conducted to patients who died after undergoing a bbl surgery, it was concluded that their death is majorly caused by two things.
- Fat within and beneath the gluteal muscles: This is when a surgeon injects the cannulas deep in order to get more fat cells which damage major structures causing injuries and complications.
- Massive fat emboli: Occur when the grafted fat is injected into the bloodstream causing obstructions in the vessels which causes death.
Some other risks associated with Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery include;
- Stretch marks.
- Deep vein thrombosis.
- Blood clots.
- Cardiac and pulmonary complications.
- Excessive blood loss.
- Fat embolism
Factors that contribute to BBL risks and Complications
- Using injectables such as Silicone and fillers instead of fat
- Going to an qualified unlicensed practitioner
- Intramuscular injection of the grafted fat.
- Using unsterilized surgical tools and operating area which create room for infections
This is a few tips to help you recover quickly and smoothly, to ensure your results are as you wanted, ensure you find an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to perform your BBL. You can use our tips on how to choose the best plastic surgeon for your surgery.
For more information including a list of experienced board certified plastic surgeon, use our Find a plastic surgeon Near me Tool.
Please note that the views expressed here do not replace instructions given by your surgeon. Follow the instructions provided by your surgeon to the letter.