There are times breast augmentation surgery just doesn’t produce desired results. If you don’t love the way your breast implants look, you may opt to go for a breast implant revision surgery to ensure they just look the way you want them to.
In this article, we take an extensive look at breast implant revision surgery, its importance, costs, and recovery. We also look at common reasons that may make one opt to go for an implant revision surgery.
What is Breast Implant Revision Surgery?
Well, you must have heard or read about breast augmentation or implant surgery. It is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the world.
Most women who undergo this procedure desire to have larger and full breasts with volume.
However, sometimes the initial breast augmentation procedure does not produce great results. Or you realize that the implants have become too small or too large for your breasts and do not fit in properly as you want.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, or you develop a complication such as Capsular contracture and it is making you feel pain and uncomfortable.
You may be required to undergo breast implant revision surgery to correct the problem.
When to consider Breast Implant Revision Surgery
Apart from wanting to correct mistakes performed during your initial breast Augmentation such as poor implant placement, smaller or very big implants size, below are other reasons that may require you to go for a breast revision surgery to address them:
- Capsular contracture: This is a complication that occurs when the scar found around the breast implants tightens, causing them to rest in a very painful position.
- Bottoming out: is a condition that occurs when your fittedbreast implants drops along the wall of the chest due to being overly large; therefore putting lots of pressure on the fold.
- Breast Implant Rippling: Refers to the formation of wrinkles and folds on the implant that are noticeable on the breast skin. It occurs to individuals who are a bit slender or have small breasts and have large implants placed on them.
- Ruptured implants: Breast implants may rupture or leak over time due to the aging of the implants, breast trauma, or implant overfilling during a breast augmentation procedure.
- Resizing breasts: Breast reduction and breast lift may beperformed as a revision in case you are unhappier with the appearance of the implants to make them propositional with your body.
Benefits of Implant Corrective Surgery
There is a wide range of benefits that individuals who undergo implant revision surgery receive.
Instances where there is an improper positioning of your implants, you develop a scarring tissue, the asymmetry of the implants are incorrect or the implant folds while in the breast.
Breast implant corrective surgery will give you an opportunity of correcting them or rather remove them completely.
- Ease pain from breast implant complications: If you got complications from a previously botched procedure, this corrective surgery can help ease the pain and make you look how you envisioned.
- Have that bikini body: Have you have been struggling with rippling and bottoming out of your implants? Undergoing the breast augmentation revision can clear this deformity and get you to have that bikini body you wanted.
- You have changed your mind and want to go bigger or smaller: You may have been putting in the hours in the gym, or even trying out different methods to reduce your weight and finally accomplished it. But your torso is not proportionate to your body anymore. Don’t fret, have the revision surgery.
- Claim back your self-esteem and confidence: When you finally get rid of the deformity or even the dissatisfaction you had from your first procedure, implant revision can help you claim back your confidence. You are also able to go back to those activities you felt too self-conscious to do before.
How much does breast implant revision Cost?
Breast implants revision Surgery Cost is slightly higher than that of an individual undergoing breast augmentation procedure for the first time.
Not only does the procedure have more complexity, the surgery takes longer period when you compare it to the initial augmentation procedure.
The costs vary from one place to another; this depends with the experience of the surgeon and the type of procedure being performed.
Typically, Breast implants revision Surgery Cost range between $1,000 to $4,000 exclusive of hospital costs, anesthesia fees, medical tests and cost of an implant.
In some cases, the implant warranty may cover some costs related to this procedure. Also, some cosmetic surgeons may provide financing options to you.
When it comes to insurance coverage, most insurance companies don’t cover costs for cosmetic procedures.
However, some insurance companies have plans that cover costs for procedures meant to correct complications that may be life-threatening such as capsular contracture.
What to expect during Breast Implant Revision
After discussing with your preferred plastic surgeon about your revision surgery, you are put under anesthesia to provide you comfort during the procedure.
The surgeon goes ahead and makes incisions depending on the breast implant revision procedure required.
He finally, close these incisions with sutures. The procedure generally takes 30 to 150 minutes, depending on the breast implant revision performed.
Risks and Complications of Breast Implant Revision
As with any surgery, there are risks and complications associated to this procedure. Some of the common Risks and complications that may arise from this procedure include:
- Poorly healing incisions
- Capsular contracture
- Unbearable pain
How long does it take to recover from breast revision surgery?
It takes four months after the procedure for you to get a full recovery. Although you may return to work within one or two weeks after the surgery, you should avoid demanding activities for a month.
Swelling and incision lines from the procedure, on the other hand, should decrease and fade within a month.
Claim Your Life Back With a Revision Procedure
You can claim your life back by having a breast implant revision procedure performed on you. Take that leap of faith so that you can be a little closer to achieving the vision you had set for yourself.
Remember; for the best results always consult with a certified plastic surgeon.References ⌵