Lip Augmentation is currently one of the most after sort cosmetic procedure; with many women thirsting to have it.
This comes in hand after Kylie Jenner using dermal fillers to make her lips fuller and plumpy.
Something that has made her huge followers want to copy because of influence. Check out Photos of Kylie Jenner before and after lip injections.
If you wish to have plumber and fuller lips, then lip fillers are what you should go for.
In this article, we discuss everything you need to know about lip injections from Procedure, Last, Cost, Safety, Types, and Recovery.
How is Lip Injection Done?.
A cosmetic surgeon will inject dermal fillers to make your lips plump and look full. I know you are wondering what is the difference between dermal fillers and lip injection. They all refer to the same thing.
Dermal fillers can be used to fill your cheeks, lips, around the mouth and other parts of the upper face. When injected to your lips is when they are referred to as lip injection.
The most commonly used type of injectable Lip filler is hyaluronic acid fillers.
Most people prefer them because they are minimally invasive and take less time to recover.
Below is a step by step guide of what to expect during lip injections:
- Because of pain, your practitioner will apply numbing cream or use anesthetics to stop you feeling pain during injections.
- Your practitioner will then inject you with dermal fillers in a series of small injections. Usually, 0.5ml-1ml of the filler will give you a natural look. However, if you want your lips to look more full, your doctor may use up to 2ml to get your desired look.
- The procedure usually takes about 30minutes to be completed. After it’s done, you will go home and begin your recovery period.
There will be swelling after lip injections which will last about 2 days before it goes away.
Please keep in mind that lip fillers can take up to two weeks to fully settle. If you don’t like your appearance between this period, you can talk to your practitioner to have it dissolved.
How long do lip injections last?
Lip Injections are not permanent. Depending on the type of injection used, some lip fillers tend to last longer than others.
For most people, lip injections last between four to six months long. If you want to continue having fuller looking lips, you will be required to top up your dermal fillers after every six months.
The table below shows different types of lip injections and how long they last.
|Type of injection||How long it lasts|
The best and most commonly used hyaluronic fillers for lip enhancement are Juvederm and Restylane.
If you are looking for a permanent solution to boost your pout, you are advised to go for lip implants.
Are lip fillers painful?
Yes, lip filler injections are painful. This is because our lips are very sensitive when they are being injected.
However, Most practitioners use numbing cream or aesthetics to prevent the pain from being felt.
The numbing cream takes about 20 minutes to work after it has been applied.
Are lip injections safe?
Different dermal fillers react differently to individuals.
All dermal fillers have the potential to cause risks and complications to users. If your practitioner used Bad lip fillers or your lips are badly filled, you may end up having lumpy, and disproportionate lips.
However, this can be completely avoided or minimized by going to a properly well trained and experienced practitioner.
The most common side effects experienced after having lip injections include; swelling, bleeding and bruising at the site of injection which is trauma-related and normally goes away in a few days.
Do lip injections wear off?
The answer is No. There is a lot of rumor that has been shared in social media and different blogs claiming that, should you discontinue using hyaluronic- or collagen-based injectables to plump their pout, Your lips will deflate or sag.
This is completely not true because as the dermal fillers gradually disappear, lip volume returns to its previous condition, but not less voluminous.
Below are some of the things you should not do before you go for lip injections.
- Do not take fish oils
- Don’t take, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, or garlic for up to 7 days before your treatment. This is because they may make your blood thin
- Avoid taking alcohol for at least 24 hours following your treatment.
What are the long term effects of lip injections?
There are no long term effects that have been associated with hyaluronic acid fillers.
Most common side effects experienced are temporary and should only last a few days.
Are lip injections Reversible?
Yes, lip injections can be reversed. If you dislike your results, or just feel like going back to your natural lips, your practitioner will inject you with an enzyme called hyaluronidase which will reverse lip filler injection.
How much do lip injections cost?
Lip injections are not that much expensive compared to lip implants. The cost of lip injections Ranges between 500 to$2,000 per syringe depending on the experience of the practitioner doing it.
[expand title =”References ⌵”]
- What are lip fillers, how much do they cost, are they safe and did Kylie Jenner have hers removed? Jan 2019 https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/1961629/lip-fillers-kylie-jenner-safe-cost/
- Nurse Responsible For Kylie Jenner’s New Lip Injections October 2018. https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/10/214132/kylie-jenner-lip-filler-nurse-interview.
- Dermal fillers in aesthetics: an overview of adverse events and treatment approaches Dec 2013. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3865975/