Most men are seeking to have plastic surgery. 2018 plastic surgery report shows that more than 1.3 million men had surgical and minimally-invasive procedures performed. Accounting for over 8% of the total cosmetic procedures performed.
According to statics available from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the number of men concerned about how they appear is increasing.
And they are using surgery to change the things they don’t like about themselves.
Most Popular Plastic Surgery Types for Men
Some of the top common surgical and minimally invasive procedures performed to men during 2018 include;
- Botulinum toxin type A (452,812)
- Laser hair removal ( 184,668)
- Microdermabrasion ( 136,885)
- Chemical peel (102,683)
- Soft tissue fillers( 100,702)
- Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty)(52,660)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)(31,494)
- Liposuction ( 29,528)
- Breast reduction in men (Gynecomastia)(24,753)
- Hair transplantation(16,840)
Other types of cosmetic surgery conducted to men during 2018 included Facelift (Rhytidectomy), Dermabrasion, Ear surgery (Otoplasty), chin augmentation (Mentoplasty), Forehead lift and Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty each with over 4,000 procedures.
Male cosmetic surgery statistics
More men are embracing plastic surgery procedures to improve their physical appearances and boost their confidence.
Nose reshaping or Rhinoplasty appeared to be the most common surgical procedure performed during 2018. With more than 52,000 procedures performed representing 25% of the total procedures conducted.
Botulinum toxin type (A) tops the list of minimally invasive procedures administered. Out of 7,437,378 procedures carried, 452,812 were presented to men 6% of the total procedures performed.
Male plastic surgery prices
The cost of male plastic surgery procedures differs depending on several factors. Some of the factors affecting male plastic surgery prices include; the type of surgery conducted, your location, and the surgeon performing the surgery.
Below is the average cost of different male plastic surgery procedures.
- Nose job (rhinoplasty) $5,067.
- Liposuction $3,347
- Botox injections $376
- Facelift $7,503
- Eyelid surgery $3,216
Possible Risks and Complications of Plastic Surgery
Some several risks and gains may arise from cosmetic surgery. Some of the risks that may occur during or after cosmetic surgery may include; infections, numbness, scarring, fluid collection, abnormal heart rhythm, heart attack, brain damage, nerve damage, stroke, blood clots, blood loss, and airway obstruction.
Other dangers are having surgery conducted by unlicensed and untrained doctors.
How to Get the Best Cosmetic Surgery Treatment
If you are looking to have cosmetic surgery, it is good to conduct thorough research on the best plastic surgeon to do it. Find a doctor who is board-certified, highly experienced, and well trained.
Apart from getting a good surgeon to perform your surgery, it is also good to consider the following recommendations for your safety.
- Avoid smoking or drinking before your surgery for you to heal quickly.
- Ask Everything you would like to know about your surgery during your appointment with the surgeon.
- Make sure you understand the risks involved with your surgery.
- Be realistic about the result of the surgery.
- Ensure you are as fit as possible before the surgery.
- In case you have any health problems or take any medicine consult with your surgeon and seek advice about it.
- 2018 Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. https://www.surgery.org/sites/default/files/ASAPS-Stats2016.pdf.