Both of these treatments can provide excellent results.
But there are some key differences that you should be aware of before making your decision.
What is Sono Bello?
Sono Bello is an FDA-approved body contouring treatment that uses laser energy to target and remove fat cells.
The treatment is minimally invasive, so there is no need for anesthesia or an incision.
Learn More: What Is Sono Bello? Does It Really Work?
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive body contouring procedure that uses cold temperatures to “freeze” and eliminate fat cells.
The procedure is FDA-cleared and effectively reduces fat in the abdomen, thighs, arms, and other body areas.
Difference Between Sono Bello and CoolSculpting
One of the main differences between Sono Bello and CoolSculpting is the amount of fat each treatment can remove.
Sono Bello can remove up to 24% of fat in the treated area, while CoolSculpting can remove up to 25% of fat in the treated area.
Another difference between these two treatments is the time each procedure takes.
Sono Bello treatments typically take about 60 minutes, while CoolSculpting can take up to two hours.
Sono Bello is typically more expensive than CoolSculpting. However, the cost of each treatment will vary depending on the specific treatment plan.
If you are considering either of these body contouring treatments, consult a qualified physician to determine which option is suitable.
Learn More: CoolSculpting: Everything You Should Know.
Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting Cost
The final prices for Sono Bello and CoolSculpting depend on various factors, including the provider’s expertise, location, and treatment areas chosen. The average Sono Bello liposuction cost is $2500-$4500, while CoolSculpting costs $2000-$4000.
Schedule an appointment with your surgeon to get an accurate cost estimate for your procedure.
Remember that cost should not be the only factor when deciding on the appropriate treatment for you.
Always consult with licensed professionals for each treatment to ensure you safely achieve the best possible results.
Make a decision that is best for both your body and your wallet.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting
The cost of Sono Bello and CoolSculpting can vary depending on several factors, including:
- Provider expertise and geographic location: The fees charged by different providers can vary depending on their experience and living costs in their area.
- Size, location, and number of treatment areas: The larger the treatment area, the more expensive the procedure. Additionally, treating multiple areas will cost more than treating a single area.
- Type of Sono Bello procedure: Sono Bello offers a variety of liposuction procedures, each with its own unique cost. For example, TriSculpt® is typically more expensive than traditional liposuction.
- Need for anesthesia: The surgeon can perform Sono Bello liposuction procedures using local or general anesthesia. Although general anesthesia is more expensive, it provides greater patient comfort.
- Other associated costs: Some providers charge additional fees for preoperative consultations, postoperative care, and compression garments.
In general, Sono Bello’s cost is higher than CoolSculpting’s.
This is because Sono Bello involves surgery, whereas CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure.
Furthermore, Sono Bello liposuction procedures usually require general anesthesia, which is more costly than local anesthesia.
Read our guide on Sono Bello costs for different body areas for more information.
Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting Results
Sono Bello has consistently proven to provide better results than CoolSculpting.
A clinical study showed that Sono Bello resulted in an average fat reduction of 24.5%. In comparison, CoolSculpting only resulted in an average decrease of 9.6%.
What’s more, Sono Bello results last longer. The same clinical study showed that Sono Bello results were still visible at six months, while CoolSculpting results were not.
Finally, Sono Bello is much less likely to cause scarring. CoolSculpting involves freezing fat cells, which can damage the skin and lead to scarring.
On the other hand, Sono Bello uses precise lasers to target fat cells, so there is no damage to the surrounding skin.
Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting Side Effects
When it comes to side effects, there is a distinct difference between Sono Bello and CoolSculpting.
Sono Bello can cause bruising, swelling, and redness, while CoolSculpting rarely causes side effects.
The most common side effect of CoolSculpting is mild discomfort, while Sono Bello can cause pain.
CoolSculpting may also cause skin sensitivity, which can last for several weeks.
These side effects typically resolve within a few weeks.
Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting Recovery Time
When it comes to Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting recovery, there is a distinct difference in recovery time.
Sono Bello patients can expect to spend about 1–2 weeks recovering from their procedure.
CoolSculpting patients, on the other hand, will only need to spend 1-2 days recovering.
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure, while Sono Bello is an invasive procedure.
It means that CoolSculpting patients will not need to undergo any stitches or bandages and will not need to take any pain medication.
CoolSculpting patients can also return to their normal activities immediately after their procedure.
Sono Bello patients, however, will need to take it easy for a few days and avoid strenuous activity.
So, if you’re looking for a quicker recovery time, CoolSculpting is the way to go.
Which is Better, CoolSculpting or Sono Bello?
When considering the two body contouring procedures, you may wonder whether CoolSculpting or Sono Bello is better.
Here’s a closer look at both procedures to help you decide.
Both CoolSculpting and Sono Bello are safe and effective body contouring procedures.
The best procedure for you will depend on your goals and preferences.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and minimally invasive procedure, CoolSculpting may be the better option.
Suppose you want a more comprehensive treatment to address multiple areas of your body. In that case, Sono Bello may be a better choice.
CoolSculpting and Sono Bello are excellent choices for improving body contours.
The best option for you will depend on your specific goals and preferences.
If you want to get rid of small areas of fat without surgery, CoolSculpting may be a better choice.
And if you have large areas of fat or stubborn fat that have not responded to diet and exercise, Sono Bello may be a better option.
- RealSelf, (Jan 2019). Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting: Which is Better. realself.com/question/sono-bello-vs-coolsculpting
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.(Dec 2018). Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting: Which is Better?” surgery.org/media/news-releases/sono-bello-vs-coolsculpting-which-is-better.
- NewBeauty.(Dec 2018). Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting: Which is Better for You?. newbeauty.com/treatments/non-surgical/article/sono-bello-vs-coolsculpting-which-is-better-for-you/
- The Aesthetic Guide.(Dec 2018). Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting: Which Treatment is Right for Me?. theaestheticguide.com/sono-bello-vs-coolsculpting/
- VASER Shape.(Dec 2018). Sono Bello vs. CoolSculpting: Which Treatment is Right for Me?. vasershape.com/sono-bello-vs-coolsculpting/