TriSculpt Body Contouring is a non-invasive treatment that combines laser energy, ultrasound technology, and radiofrequency energy to melt fat cells and tighten the skin.
It is sometimes referred to as “micro-laser liposuction” because, like traditional liposuction, it uses laser energy to break down fat cells.
However, it is a non-invasive treatment that does not require cuts or general anesthesia.
The laser energy used in TriSculpt™ is called laser-assisted lipolysis (LAL).
How TriSculpt Works
During the TriSculpt™ procedure, the practitioner will use a handpiece to deliver the laser, ultrasound, and radiofrequency energy to the targeted treatment area.
Radiofrequency energy tightens and firms the skin, making you look younger and refreshed.
The energy is delivered in short bursts, with a cooling system to protect the skin.
The energy goes straight to the fat cells, which are broken down and removed from the body.
The process takes about an hour, depending on the treatment area’s size.
Most people can return to their everyday lives immediately after the procedure, though they may have mild swelling and redness.
Benefits of TriSculpt
There are several benefits to TriSculpt™ body contouring:
- Non-invasive: TriSculpt™ is a non-invasive treatment that does not involve incisions or general anesthesia. The procedure is a more appealing option for those who are hesitant to undergo surgery.
- Minimal downtime: TriSculpt™ has minimal downtime, so you can quickly return to your normal activities. You may experience mild swelling and redness after the treatment, but these side effects should resolve within a few days.
- Safe and effective: Clinical studies have demonstrated that TriSculpt™ is safe and effective, resulting in high patient satisfaction rates. It is necessary to note that the procedure is not a weight loss treatment and is not for individuals who are obese. Instead, it works best for people who are healthy but still have pockets of fat that won’t go away with diet and exercise.
- Long-lasting results: TriSculpt™ can produce long-lasting results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle. It entails eating a well-balanced diet and exercising regularly to help you maintain your results.
- Customizable treatment: TriSculpt can be customized to meet your specific needs and goals. Your practitioner will work with you to develop a treatment plan tailored to your unique concerns and aesthetic goals.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
The ideal candidate for TriSculpt™ treatment is someone who is in good physical health and has pockets of excess fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.
These fat deposits, also known as “stubborn fat,” can be difficult to eliminate through traditional weight loss methods, such as diet and exercise.
Some places in the body where there is too much fat include the stomach, thighs, arms, and butts.
Your doctor will examine your medical history and do a physical exam to see if you are a good candidate for TriSculptTM body contouring.
They will also discuss your cosmetic goals and expectations for the treatment.
During your consultation, be honest and open about any medical conditions or medications you are taking, as these can affect your eligibility for your treatment.
Remember, TriSculpt™ is not a way to lose weight, so people who are overweight shouldn’t try to lose weight by undergoing the procedure.
It works best for people in good health who have reached or are close to their ideal body weight but still have some areas of fat they would like to get rid of.
The TriSculpt Procedure
Here are the steps involved in a TriSculpt™ body contouring treatment:
- Preparation: Before your procedure, the doctor will examine your medical history and give you a physical exam to ensure you are a good candidate. They will also talk with you about how you want to look and what you hope to get out of the treatment.
- The actual procedure: Your practitioner will ask you to lie on a comfortable bed during the treatment. They will use a handpiece to deliver the laser, ultrasound, and radiofrequency energy to the targeted treatment area. The energy is delivered in short bursts, with a cooling system to protect the skin. Depending on the extent of the treatment area, the whole procedure takes about an hour.
- Recovery: You can return to your normal activities immediately after the treatment. However, you may experience some mild swelling and redness. These side effects should resolve within a few days. It’s essential to do what your doctor tells you to do after treatment, including wearing a compression garment and staying away from certain activities for a while.
Results of TriSculpt™ body contouring are not immediate and may take several weeks or months to become fully apparent.
To keep your results, you should live a healthy lifestyle, eat a balanced diet, and work out regularly.
What Parts of the Body Can TriSculpt Treat?
TriSculpt™ body contouring can treat various areas of the body, including:
- Upper back
- Lower back
- Bra fat
- Inner and outer thighs
- Flank (love handles)
Many patients have achieved their desired results using TriSculpt™ to address these areas of concern.
How Much Fat Can It Remove?
The amount of fat that TriSculpt can remove depends on the patient’s health, lifestyle, and the amount of fat built up in the concerned areas.
A healthy lifestyle, including diet and exercise, is integral to any weight loss journey. TriSculpt is just one aspect of this process.
Generally, practitioners can remove a maximum of 4000-5000cc of fat during a single TriSculpt procedure.
Current state and community standards limit the amount of fat extracted to 8–10 pounds per event.
While the scale may be a helpful tool for tracking progress, the real benefit of TriSculpt is the reduction in volume.
It can change a patient’s appearance even if they have yet to lose or gain much weight.
How Much Does TriSculpt Cost?
The cost of TriSculpt™ body contouring will vary depending on the individual patient’s specific needs and goals.
The TriSculpt treatment costs $1,395 per area. Depending on the size of your treatment area, your location, and the experience of your provider, the price may range from $1,000 to $4,000 per area.
The best way to determine how much it will cost you to have the procedure is to set up a free consultation near you at a Sono Bello location.
During the consultation, the practitioner will assess your body and discuss your goals to determine the appropriate treatment plan.
Several factors can affect the cost of TriSculpt™ body contouring, including:
- The patient’s body mass index (BMI)
- Treatment areas
- Any additional treatments required, such as excess skin removal or cellulite reduction
- Sono Bello’s promotions and savings
To make TriSculpt body contouring more affordable, Sono Bello offers a variety of financing options and payment plans.
Your practitioner can provide more information on these options and help you determine the best payment plan for your needs.
What Happens to Your Skin After TriSculpt Fat Removal?
Once you undergo a TriSculpt™ procedure, your body will naturally and irreversibly eliminate the fat cells in the area you want to shape.
As a result, the size of the area will have less volume becoming more toned and defined.
The skin is typically not affected during treatment, as the laser, ultrasound, and radiofrequency energy specifically target the fat cells.
The radiofrequency energy can help tighten and firm the skin, creating a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Does TriSculpt Leave Scars?
TriSculpt is a non-invasive treatment that does not involve incisions or general anesthesia.
As such, it typically does not leave scars.
During the treatment, the energy is sent straight to the fat cells and has no effect on the skin.
Despite the smooth healing process, some individuals may have a unique healing process.
They may be more prone to scarring than others.
It’s a good idea to consult with a qualified practitioner about any treatment’s potential risks and complications, including the possibility of scarring.
Is TriSculpt Painful?
While the treatment may cause some discomfort, warming sensation, or tingling during treatment, TriSculpt is typically not painful.
The procedure is non-invasive, and most people can tolerate it well.
Note that every individual may have a different tolerance for discomfort.
Your practitioner can tell you what to expect during your treatment to help you determine if the procedure is good for you.
Recovery From TriSculpt: How Long Does It Take?
After a TriSculpt treatment procedure, you will resume your normal activities quickly.
In most cases, you will be able to return to work and other normal activities the following day.
Following your practitioner’s post-treatment instructions is critical to ensure a smooth and rapid recovery.
It may include wearing a compression garment, avoiding certain activities, and caring for the treated area.
In general, recovery from TriSculptTM body contouring is not painful.
Any discomfort is usually minor and manageable with over-the-counter pain medication.
How Long Until I See My TriSculpt Results?
Results for TriSculpt™ are typically not immediate and may take several weeks or months to become fully apparent.
The body’s natural healing process is responsible for eliminating the treated fat cells, which can take time.
Most people begin to see some improvement in the contours of their body within a few weeks of the treatment.
However, it may take several months for the full results to become apparent.
The final results may become noticeable after six months.
Results and Maintenance
TriSculpt™ can produce noticeable and long-lasting results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the results you can achieve with TriSculpt™ body contouring include:
- Reduced fat: TriSculpt™ can help to eliminate excess fat in targeted areas of the body, such as the stomach, thighs, arms, and buttocks. The body permanently eliminates the fat cells targeted during the treatment, so you should see a permanent reduction in fat in these areas.
- Improved contours: You can have enhanced body contours, giving you a more toned and defined appearance. The TriSculpt procedure can create a more balanced and harmonious silhouette.
- Tightened skin: TriSculpt uses radiofrequency energy to tighten and firm the skin, making you appear more youthful and refreshed.
To keep your results, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle, which includes eating a balanced diet and working out regularly.
It can help prevent new fat cells from forming and ensure that you maintain your results over the long term.
It is also important to avoid dramatic weight changes, as significant weight loss or weight gain can affect the treatment results.
Comparing TriSculpt to Other Body Contouring Treatments
There are some critical differences between TriSculpt and traditional liposuction. The two treatments are:
- Invasiveness: TriSculpt™ body contouring is a non-invasive treatment that does not involve incisions or general anesthesia. On the other hand, traditional liposuction is a surgical procedure involving making incisions in the skin and using a hollow tube, or cannula, to suction out excess fat.
- Downtime: TriSculpt™ minimizes downtime so you can quickly return to normal activities. You might have to take time off work and refrain from participating in certain activities. Traditional liposuction typically requires a more extended recovery period.
- Results: TriSculpt™ can produce long-lasting results, provided that you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Traditional liposuction can also produce long-lasting results, but the results may be more dramatic.
- Cost: TriSculpt™ is typically less expensive than traditional liposuction, as it does not require general anesthesia or a hospital stay.
When considering which body contouring treatment is right for you, it is crucial to consider your goals, budget, and lifestyle.
Your practitioner can help you weigh the pros and cons of each treatment and recommend the one best suited to your needs.
TriSculpt™ is a non-invasive and effective treatment that can help you achieve your desired toned and defined body.
With minimal downtime and a high level of safety, it offers a convenient way to eliminate stubborn fat and improve the contours of your body.
Clinical studies have proven that the procedure is effective, and the benefits are long-lasting, provided you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Body contouring with TriSculptTM could be an excellent choice if you want to appear leaner and younger.
Talk to a qualified practitioner before your procedure to determine if it’s right for you and discuss possible risks and complications.
- Sonobello. (n.d). What is TriSculpt? sonobello.com/what-is-liposuction/what-is-trisculpt/
- J Clin Aesthet Dertatol. (Jul 2011). Laser Lipolysis: An Update. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3140909/
- Realself. (Nov 2018). Beautiful! Tri-Sculpt E/X. realself.com/review/portland-tummy-tuck-beautiful-tri-sculpt-x
- Benjamin Shaffer. (Oct 2002). Scientific Basis of Laser energy. DOI: 10.1016/s0278-5919(02)00007-8