Cellulite is a common concern for many people, and various treatments are available to help reduce its appearance. One popular option is the Venus Legacy treatment.
This non-surgical treatment uses radiofrequency energy and magnetic pulse technology to improve the appearance of cellulite and give the skin a smoother, more toned appearance.
We’ll take a closer look at the Venus Legacy treatment, including how it works, the benefits it can provide, and who is a good candidate for the treatment.
We’ll also discuss the cost of the Venus Legacy treatment and answer some common questions about the procedure.
How It Works
During a Sonobello Venus Legacy treatment, a healthcare provider places a Venus Legacy machine on the skin.
It sends magnetic pulses and radiofrequency energy to the deep layers of the skin.
The deep layers of skin take in the energy, which heats them and makes them contract.
The procedure helps boost collagen production and blood flow, which makes cellulite less noticeable and gives the skin a firmer, more elastic look.
Most people see noticeable improvements after just a few treatments, typically done in a series of sessions.
The treatment is generally well tolerated and has a few side effects.
Learn More: Sono Bello TriSculpt: A Safe and Effective Alternative to Liposuction
Benefits of Venus Legacy Treatment
The Venus Legacy treatment can provide several benefits, including:
- Improved appearance of cellulite: The heat generated by the procedure treatment can help break down fat cells and improve circulation, reducing cellulite’s appearance.
- Firmer, more elastic skin: The heat generated can also stimulate collagen production, which can help improve the skin’s elasticity and firmness.
- Non-surgical: Venus Legacy treatment is a non-surgical option for improving the appearance of cellulite, making it a good choice for people not interested in more invasive procedures.
- Few side effects: Is generally well-tolerated, with few side effects reported.
- Long-lasting results: Many people experience long-lasting effects after the procedure, with the impact of the treatment lasting for several months or more.
Venus Legacy vs. Endermologie and Velashape
Even though the Venus Legacy treatment is a common way to reduce the appearance of cellulite, it is not the only way.
Other cellulite reduction treatments include Endermologie and Velashape.
Here is a comparison of these three treatments:
- Venus Legacy treatment: The procedure is a non-surgical option for improving the appearance of cellulite. It uses radiofrequency energy and magnetic pulse technology to heat the deep layers of the skin and stimulate collagen production. Venus Legacy treatment is generally well-tolerated, with few side effects. Most people see noticeable improvements after just a few treatments, and the results are typically long-lasting.
- Endermologie: Endermologie is a non-surgical cellulite reduction treatment that uses a massage technique to manipulate the skin and underlying tissues. The procedure improves circulation, reduces the appearance of cellulite, and improves the skin’s overall tone and texture. Your healthcare provider performs Endermologie in several sessions, and most people see noticeable improvements after several treatments. The results are temporary, and you must undergo maintenance treatments to maintain the effects. Endermologie is generally well-tolerated, with few side effects.
- Velashape: Velashape is a cellulite reduction procedure that combines radiofrequency energy, infrared light, and vacuum suction to reduce cellulite and give the skin a smoother, more toned appearance. The doctor will perform the treatment in several sessions, and most people see noticeable improvements after several treatments. Like Endermologie, the results are typically temporary, and you must undergo maintenance treatments to maintain the results. Velashape is generally well-tolerated, with few side effects.
All three of these treatments can effectively reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Talk to an expert about all the available options to determine the best treatment for your specific needs and goals.
What Results Can I Expect From My Treatment?
The Venus Legacy treatment can do a great job of getting rid of cellulite and making the skin look smoother and more toned.
You should see noticeable improvements after just a few treatments, with the effects typically lasting for several months or more.
Before and after photos of Venus Legacy patients can help determine how your surgery might turn out.
These pictures generally show the appearance of the skin before treatment and then again after a series of Venus treatments.
They can tell you what to expect from the treatment and help you decide whether it is right for you.
Note that the Venus Legacy treatment is not a way to lose weight or get rid of fat in specific places.
Instead, it helps to improve the appearance of cellulite and gives the skin a smoother, more toned appearance.
Individual results may vary, and not everyone will experience the same results.
Learn More: What Is Sono Bello? Does It Really Work?
Safety and Effectiveness of Venus Legacy Treatment
The Venus Legacy treatment is a non-surgical, pain-free procedure that works well and has few side effects.
It is a treatment method that the FDA has approved.
A 2017 clinical study showed that the Venus Legacy treatment is safe and effective. And it is perfect for tightening skin and getting rid of wrinkles on the face, neck, arms, abdomen, and thighs.
Potential Risks and Side Effects
After a Venus Legacy treatment, the most common side effects are:-
- Skin irritation or redness: Some people may suffer slight skin irritation or redness following their procedure, but this is usually temporary and will go away by itself within a few days.
- Swelling: Some people may experience swelling after a Venus Legacy treatment, although this is typically mild and should resolve within a few days.
- Pain: Some people may experience discomfort or pain during or after their treatment. However, this is typically mild, and you can manage them with over-the-counter pain medication.
- Infection: There is a small risk of infection associated with Venus Legacy treatment, although this risk can be minimized by following proper wound care instructions and using a reputable provider.
- Allergic reactions: Rarely, you may experience an allergic reaction to the products used during treatment. Itching, redness, and swelling are all symptoms of an allergic reaction. You should contact your provider immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
In rare cases, some patients may experience slight bruising and hyperpigmentation.
These effects usually go away within a few hours.
Before getting your procedure, talk to your provider about possible risks and side effects. It will help you keep these effects to a minimum.
Who is a Good Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for the Venus Legacy treatment if you have cellulite that is resistant to other forms of therapy.
Suppose you desire a non-surgical option for treating the look of cellulite. In that case, you may also be a good candidate for the treatment.
Some other factors that may make a person a good candidate for the Venus Legacy treatment include:
- Good overall health: Venus treatment is generally considered safe for good overall health. Discuss any underlying medical illnesses or concerns with your provider before beginning treatment.
- Realistic expectations: It can improve the appearance of cellulite and give the skin a smoother, more toned appearance, but it is not a weight loss treatment. It does not reduce fat in specific areas. Having realistic expectations about what the treatment can and cannot do is essential.
- Age: Venus treatment is generally suitable for people of all ages. However, the treatment may be less effective for people with loose or saggy skin.
- Pregnancy: Venus Legacy treatment is generally not recommended for pregnant women or nursing.
How Much Does the Venus Legacy Treatment Cost?
The cost of the Venus Legacy treatment depends on several factors, such as:
- The number of treatments you need
- How big is the treatment area is
- Your surgery location
- The experience of the surgeon
On average, the cost of the Venus Legacy treatment is $1,133. Most people can expect to pay between $200 and $2,300 per treatment session, with the total cost of treatment ranging from $1,600 to $4,800.
Venus Legacy treatment costs can vary widely. Getting a quote from a qualified provider before starting treatment is always a good idea.
Some providers may offer financing or payment plan options to make the treatment more affordable.
Most health insurance plans do not cover Venus Legacy treatments, so you must pay for the procedure out of pocket.
Consider the cost of treatment when deciding whether it is the right option.
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers About Venus Legacy Cellulite Reduction Treatment
Q: How many sessions are needed to see results?
A: It takes most people between four and eight treatments to see improvements. However, the number of treatments needed may vary based on the severity of cellulite, the size of the treatment area, and individual goals. A provider can give a more specific estimate based on personal needs and goals.
Q: How long does each session take?
A: Sessions usually last between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. The treatment is generally well tolerated, with few side effects.
Q: Are the results long-lasting?
A: The treatment helps many people in the long run, and the effects usually last for several months or longer. You may require maintenance treatments to maintain the results, and a healthy lifestyle, including diet and exercise, can support outcomes.
Q: Is the treatment painful?
A: Some people may experience discomfort or pain during or after the treatment, but this is typically mild. You can manage them using over-the-counter pain medication. The treatment is generally well tolerated, with few side effects.
Q: What are the side effects?
A: Possible side effects include skin irritation, redness, swelling, and pain or discomfort. These are often mild and should resolve within a few days.
Q: Is the treatment safe?
A: The treatment is safe, with few side effects reported. However, like any medical procedure, it may have risks and side effects. It is essential to discuss these with a provider before treatment.
Q: Does health insurance cover the treatment?
A: Most health insurance plans do not cover the treatment, so you will likely be responsible for paying.
The Venus Legacy treatment is a safe, effective, and flexible way to reduce the signs of aging.
It offers fast and long-lasting results with no downtime, making it an ideal choice for anyone who wants to appear and feel their best.
With its combination of advanced technology and proven results, Venus Legacy is the perfect choice for a non-invasive way to turn back the clock.
Learn More: 10 Best Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Procedures to Consider
- J Cosmet Laser Ther (Aug 2017). Efficacy of multipolar radiofrequency with pulsed magnetic field therapy for the treatment of abdominal cellulite. pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28139149/
- Realself (n.d). Venus Legacy: What You Need to Know. realself.com/nonsurgical/venus-legacy
- National Library of Medicine. (n.d). Evaluation of Safety and Efficacy of Using Venus Freeze™ (MP)2 V2 System for Wrinkles Rhytides and Cellulite Treatment. clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01234259
- Realself. (April 12, 2022). How Much Does Venus Legacy Cost? realself.com/nonsurgical/venus-legacy/cost
- National Library of Medicine. (Oct 2016). Review of the Mechanisms and Effects of Noninvasive Body Contouring Devices on Cellulite and Subcutaneous Fat. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5236497/