What is Cycling ?
Cycling, also known as “bicycling” or “biking”, is the use of bicycles for transport,exercise,leisure or sport.
Cycling is extensively used as a totally effective and efficient mode of transportation ideal for short to mild distances.
Persons engaged in cycling or biking are called “cyclists“, “bikers“,. The most commonly used vehicle for road transport is a utility bicycle.
There are different modes of cycling this includes:- riding of unicycles, tricycles and quadracycles.
For one to become a cyclist,there are some biking skills you are required to have.These skills can be attained through an instructor or schools that have been mandated to.
The bike instructors will show you bicycle handling skills and introduce you to the rules of the road as they apply to cyclists.
How to cycle or Ride a Bicycle For the First time.
- An instructor.
- A bicycle.
- Lower the saddle so you can sit on the bike with both feet reaching the ground for stability.
- Put one foot on the pedal and start peddling with the other foot.
- Next, peddle along the other foot and try to balance the bicycle. Make sure you know how to use the brakes.
- After you have learnt to balance,you can put both feet on the pedals once you have gained more confidence.
- Repeat the procedure again and again with the help of an instructor and you will be able to pedal the bike and stay balanced.
- If you feel like falling, you can just put a foot down to catch yourself.
Learning how to ride a bicycle is not difficult but you MUST keep on training for you to gain confidence and know how to balance.
Any one can become a great cyclist or even a professional cyclist, but there are skills that are required for you to succeed at a racing.
More about cycling: