Plastic Surgery Overview.
ON THIS PAGE
- What is Plastic Surgery?
- Procedures of Plastic surgery
- Cost/ Price of a Plastic surgery
- Side effects of Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is divided into two categories;
- Reconstructive Surgery usually is done to a person who has been injured, after trauma, due to sickness or Cancer to restore their normal looks.
- Cosmetic Surgery which is also referred as Aesthetic Surgery is done to improve a person’s appearance.
Procedures of Plastic Surgery.
Plastic surgery is divided into two, and each of the two categories has different procedures.
Examples of plastic surgery procedures in reconstructive surgery include;
- Skin Cancer Removal
- Hand surgery
- Burn repair surgery
- Congenital defect repair
While cosmetic surgery procedures include;
- Breast enhancement – Augmentation, lift or reduction, Breast implants.
- Fat Transfer: Liposuction.
- General body reconstruction – Mommy Makeover.
- Facial Contouring: Rhinoplasty, Chin, or Cheek Enhancement.
- Facial Rejuvenation: Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift.
- Body Lifts: Tummy Tuck, Gynecomastia Treatment, Mommy Makeover, Body contour, Buttock Lift and Thigh Lift.
- Skin Reconstruction: Laser Resurfacing, Botox®, Filler Treatments, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peel, Laser Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing, Spider Vein Treatment and Dermabrasion.
- Face and Neck: Brow Lift, Forehead Lift, Buccal Fat Removal, Cheek Reduction, Cheek Augmentation, Cheek Enhancement, Chin Surgery, Mentoplasty, Ear Surgery, Otoplasty, Eyelid Surgery, Blepharoplasty, Facelift Surgery
Rhytidectomy, Facial Implants, Facial Balancing and Enhancing, Neck Lift, Lower Rhytidectomy, Rhinoplasty, Nose Surgery.
Cost of a Plastic surgery.
How much does plastic surgery cost?
The cost for plastic surgery varies from one place to another, depending on a number of factors, however, the average cost of plastic surgery procedures ranges from $4,000 – $14,875.
Some of the factors that influence plastic surgery costs include;
- The experience of a plastic surgeon.
- Type of plastic procedure to be conducted.
- Facility Fee.
Side effects of Plastic Surgery.
Just like any other surgery, plastic surgery comes with its own risks. Before going for any plastic surgery procedure, its good to know the risks and benefits involved.
Below is a list of some of the risks that come with cosmetic surgery.
- Nerve Damage
- Blood loss
- Tissue necrosis
- Formation of bad scar tissue
- Pain and allergic reactions
People who smoke and those that are obese are prone to complications.
Surgeons suggest that, if you are a smoker, you should stop 3 weeks prior to surgery to avoid complications.
You are required to study well on the procedure you want to go for and discuss your concerns with your surgeon before going for it.
This will reduce the risks and complications of plastic surgery that may contribute to side effects.